Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why is it snowing?

There has been an unfortunate turn of events here in Utah. It seems that we have a snowing situation, which frankly, is just rude. Every year, I get pissed off that, when we finally feel good about spring arriving again, there's a bunch of wet, cold crap falling on our heads. No biking today. In fact, I'd like to cancel the day's obligations and bake a pan of brownies and eat them all while watching every episode of The Office on DVD. Not that I have those DVDs or brownie mix but I could make that happen. I'm heroic that way.

In other thoughts, my dearest S. turned me on to this hilarious Labor and Delivery blog. A L&D nurse writes about her experiences in the hospital-- it's brilliant. My favorite post so far is about a woman (in her 1st trimester, I think) who went to the hospital, concerned about some spotting and passing of clots. Scary, right? Except that the clots turned out to be bits of strawberries. Yes, my friends, she apparently forgot that she had stored some fruits in her hoo-hoo.

After reading this blog, I was a bit misty thinking about my sister-in-law who's a nurse. She's an infinitely patient and funny woman who would be so fab to have around right now. I never tire of asking questions about medical stuff and now I have a million more reasons to ask questions. Just think of the number of possible cervical questions alone! Friend S. is a close second (she should be a nurse) as she knows more about female systems than anyone I know, including my mid-husband, I think. In fact, I'd let her deliver the Bean. I let her do my taxes one year and I got a hella refund. I think if she delivered the Bean, not only would s/he be smart, but s/he would be cute too.

Oh, poopy day. I shall go to work and eat some jelly beans and when I'm crashing from my sugar high I'll head to teach. It's going to be excellent.

xoxoo
k

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dude, you know I only deliver cute and smart. Although, slightly dyslexic.

BTW-My plan is nursing school when I am done breeding. It is a big plan, but that is the goal.