Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Day!

TODAY WE SAW THE BEAN! WE SAW THE BEAN AND WE HEARD THE BEAN'S HEART BEATING!

What ridiculous happiness. We met our nurse-midhusband today. Yup, our midwife is a man. I think that mostly anyone who happily goes into any field dominated by the other gender is a kind of hero. Turns out he's kind of a dorky hero who fake-laughs too much, but whatever. I had about 7 gallons of blood drawn which is always a task because I apparently have invisible veins. When I started getting woozy, Tall Dad went into total body guard mode and eyeballed the tech who was jabbing the hell out of my arm. TD is in full-fledged protection mode which is sweet to me, but might look scary to others. Oh well. If it'll get me special presents, I'm just fine with it.

I'll be 10 weeks on Friday. By mid/end of May, we'll get an ultrasound and *should* be able to tell if we're having a weiner or a vajayjay. We're working with a few names right now which is such a task. I'm having real trouble with this one. I almost feel like babies should be born with a name tag. I think the baby knows best what its name is, right?

So that's today's news. I can't say anything very interesting or entertaining because I actually worked for a few ours today. I only have so many brains and I'm hungry. Must eat english muffin pizzas...

xoxoxo
K

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You are busy scanning the U/S photo in right now, right? Go ahead, I'll wait.

Kate Rosenberg said...

Dude-- no u/s photo to be had! We left emptyhanded. Boo hoo.

Sarah said...

Now that is some BS right there. I demand a redo.

BRM said...

Bean! Bean! Hi and welcome, Bean! CAN YOU HEAR US TOO????!!!!!!!

Savascha said...

Uhm, sooooo, you failed to mention the part where the cosmos brought you, TD, my mom and I all together...