Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tall Dad

Poor TD. He is a bit mixed up, I think, and he doesn't know which way to go. If I'm confused about what the hell is going on in my uterus, he doesn't have a single clue. He's been bustling around doing this weird nesting thing (that's what I'm calling it because I have to make some sense of the madness) that involves moving the millions of plants we have all over the house. He's also been building himself a fortress in the "guest room" that he knows will have to be taken apart by the end of the summer, but he's unstoppable. There are 3 regular aquariums with reptiles in them and an enormous, ENORMOUS aquarium with reptiles and amphibians and hermit crabs in it. They fill the room. I have no idea where they'll go in 6 months. Anyone want some snakes? What heartens me is that he is very busy taking care of everyone in their spots. He's like a zookeeper and that gives me much hope that he will consider the Bean to be a thing that needs tending--some watering and live crickets once a week.

TD is quite funny about the Bean-- he talks to it--loudly. The child will be deaf by the time s/he is born, but will fit in with all the Rosenbergs who are deaf and who scream their conversations. I also expect that the Bean will have a lot to say about poo (being well-versed already in my lower GI system) which is the favorite topic of Rosenbergs (and Gobles). This all brings me to the best thing ever, which is the soup that TD made me last night. I felt so cruddy yesterday---tired, ick, stomachache, etc. and I was hungry too, but for what? Just about nothing sits well on an irritable bowel except... delicious chicken soup with lots of noodles and soft carrots and celery and potatoes! I asked for the above and Shazam! When I got home from class last night there was an enormous pot of chicken soup that was beyond heavenly. My belly was happy and TD earned at least 24 hours free of my incessant bitching. I woke up this morning thinking about the soup and how I will take a bowl into work for lunch and brag about my husband and everyone will be annoyed with me and it will be just another day at the office.

xo
k

No comments: