The first thing I asked the midwife when we went for our appointment was "Can I ride my bike?" He was completely in support of me doing anything but sitting on the couch. I'd read a bunch about riding bikes and, of course, it's not really advisable to do any seriously dangerous trail riding and one might want to take into account how well one can keep her balance when she's very big-bellied. The doc even said that falls aren't generally traumatic and the kind of impact that can really hurt a baby is the car accident kind. I can safely say that after a certain point, I won't be riding my bike because I'm guessing that I'll be having trouble just staying upright while walking, but for now, HOORAY!
I took my new purple bike for its first ride yesterday. I rode in Liberty Park forever. Around and around and in and out of the little trails. I rode right alongside the aviary where I saw the flamingos being fed. I saw lots of dogs and a few tiny kids. It sunny and breezy and I stopped to sit in the sun and warm up. It may have been the best morning I've had all year. I'm easily amused that way. This morning I have bicycle butt, but I'm okay with that. I'm just waiting for it to get sunny so I can head out again.
Cheers!
Kate
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(107)
-
▼
March
(32)
- Hormone Check: Pissy Edition
- Midhusband Appointment #2
- feeling pregnant: for real
- Please don't call me "Mommy"
- Poop Patrol
- Hormone Check: Critical Edition
- Slighted.
- relayed conversation
- weird Bean in a bubble
- Why is it snowing?
- 2 Conversations
- All the fun you can have for under $1
- "Rarely is the question asked, is our children lea...
- Dad, will you make me this?
- Picture Time
- Word Lover
- nesting?
- Brave World
- Hormone Check
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- rather poor attempts to be domestic
- Happy Birthday, TD! (this is a long one)
- Oh, the guilt.
- Happy Day!
- one way to advertise that your parents are totally...
- What I Will No Doubt be Enjoying at Some Point in ...
- Welcome to Your Family
- TD's Last Stand
- Domestic
- Tall Dad
- My life is not my own. Already.
- Tidbits
-
▼
March
(32)
3 comments:
Yeah, walking without tripping is a serious feat for me right now. I fell three times while pregnant with W. I have fallen once with C. :::Knock on wood:::
I was in a car accident when I was 37 weeks pregnant and the ER doc kept telling me that the safest places was in my womb.
My current free fun: Sleep.
Oh man, I remember when you had that accident. So scary. But it makes sense that the wee one would be pretty well padded. That's why I saved some blubber around the middle for the Bean. P.S. the Law and Order that made me cry was one with a pregnant woman stuck in a car after an accident. I really should know to stay away from that sort of thing.
You do remember of course that Mindy is sitting at home every day slowly turning into a 90 year grandmother cross stitching obscene comments onto things... In other words, I'd be up for going to the park and such outings.
Post a Comment