I must be undergoing some sort of introductory course: "You are not Doing Everything You Can for Everybody, You Loser 101." I can't claim to be violently ill all of the time or even some of the time, but I can say that I am blindsided about every other day by complete exhaustion (Must nap! Stat!) or general stomachachey nausea (Blurgh. Tums, please.) Unfortunately, there's not a good way to explain myself to the people I am neglecting. In my line of work (the one that's filled with "social work") my little bouts of pukeyness and sleepiness are small potatoes and if I even start to explain myself, I get looks that translate to: shut up and work, Whiny Wendy. Or that's what I see.
I can only imagine the way that I'll feel when I have to explain napping to a screaming newborn. I've seen the looks that infants give. They're more like: "Fix my problem, you lazy bitch. WAHHHHHHHHH!" Ugh. As I sit here, the waves of nausea rolling up from my belly button to the top of my head, I'm hearing Poeia whine because she wants me to move her fuzzy across the room and that is way too much work. Thank god I have a husband to share household burdens. It's a good thing that we're equally responsible for the fix I'm in, otherwise he would probably find me absolutely insufferable right now.
xoxo
k
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(107)
-
▼
March
(32)
- Hormone Check: Pissy Edition
- Midhusband Appointment #2
- feeling pregnant: for real
- Please don't call me "Mommy"
- Poop Patrol
- Hormone Check: Critical Edition
- Slighted.
- relayed conversation
- weird Bean in a bubble
- Why is it snowing?
- 2 Conversations
- All the fun you can have for under $1
- "Rarely is the question asked, is our children lea...
- Dad, will you make me this?
- Picture Time
- Word Lover
- nesting?
- Brave World
- Hormone Check
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- rather poor attempts to be domestic
- Happy Birthday, TD! (this is a long one)
- Oh, the guilt.
- Happy Day!
- one way to advertise that your parents are totally...
- What I Will No Doubt be Enjoying at Some Point in ...
- Welcome to Your Family
- TD's Last Stand
- Domestic
- Tall Dad
- My life is not my own. Already.
- Tidbits
-
▼
March
(32)
No comments:
Post a Comment