Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Welcome to Your Family

Dear Bean,

I'm afraid that, as families go, you've got a pretty disturbed one (on the Rosenberg side--your father's side seems quite delightful to me, though they may disagree). When I went back to Lititz for Grandma's funeral, I attempted to capture in photos the sort of family situation you've gotten yourself into.
Your grandfather, great uncle, and great aunt:
Your Uncle Rob and the site of the Rosenberg's invention of the least nutritious hamburger ever made:Your grandmother, looking relatively sane (she has a different gene pool):Your grandfather and your Uncle Rob:
Your Great Uncle Teddy and your grandfather, practicing being dead in the cemetery: Practicing dead at another angle:

There are some other photos of graves and stuff here.

This is my way of warning you and apologizing to you for the crazy world your dad and I decided to show you. Please don't blame me; I just carry the genes. I didn't make them. Oh shit, it seems I'm passing them along.

xoxox

your ma.

1 comment:

Dad & Mom said...

Dear GrandBaby Bean,
I am so, so, sorry. But you know what?....you'll have lots of fun!!