Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Morning!

It was a few degrees cooler last night which, apparently, makes all the difference. For most of the night, I could feel Whoobie's butt pressed against my leg and there was something quite sweet about it. She's been living in terror for the past few days as the Evil Evil Fireworks Monster loomed outside. I lounged in bed for awhile scritching her, and couldn't help be be so excited for the days when I get to lounge with my wee baby. What a happy day. I can't wait for Sundays with Piper-- TD has already been instructed that he is to make bunny pancakes for her when she's big enough (just like my dad did). TD has informed me that he might make me bunny pancakes, but he will make Piper mouse pancakes. He wants his own style, and I don't blame him. Piper will just have to go to grandpa's house if she needs a bunny.

I am so relieved that some of the misery of the past few days gets to be mediated by some simple excitement about the impending Piper. Also, I made a jello poke cake for TD which makes me feel like a good person.

xoxoxo

No comments: