Just got back from the ER where, in sum, I was told my pee's "a little off." Duh, it's pee. We went in because I've been having low pelvic pain, pressure and tightness for almost 24 hours. I made the mistake today of asking colleagues and anyone in earshot what it could be and.. woah. I won't be making that mistake again. According to them, I am in premature labor, have toxemia, and should be on immediate bedrest. After getting a real non-diagnosis, it still feels weird, but I will see the mid-husband tomorrow who will probably tell me I have a mild bladder infection.
The noteworthy part was when TD and I were in a little room in the L&D emergency area, just a curtain-pull away from some minor drama. The poor girl next to me was clearly with a boyfriend who is a complete idiot and some random partying friend of his. After I listened to the nurse examine her, etc. with both guys in the room, the prego-girl asked, "so now, how did you two meet?" Are you serious??? Before I deliver, I'm going to send TD out to the bars to find a support crew.
The good news is that Piper is really interested in being curled up in the lower left belly quadrant and she's got a pleasant heartbeat. All is well (except my bladder, probably).
p.s. I had the sweetest nursing student working on me and she was especially precious when she whispered, "Have you and your husband had sex within the last 36 hours?" Really, honey, we all know why we're here. This is the last place anyone should be shy about it--no need to whisper. Very few virgins make their way through those doors.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(107)
-
▼
June
(17)
- fun gift sampler: June 28th edition
- A mostly unnecessary journey.
- 2 sentence updates
- belly self-portraits
- an update on "Jail Spread"
- Wednesday Notes
- all joking aside, I'm seriously pregnant.
- Happy Father's Day, Tall Dad!
- Saturday Notes
- Just as I suspected!
- Tuesday Notes
- For Francine...
- new, bigger page
- Saturday's notes
- peeing my pants
- how to pick a friend
- Wanted: a decider
-
▼
June
(17)
4 comments:
Bwahahaha...please tell me you told her yes, and asked her if she thought the being tied to the bed posts with scarfs could have anything to do with your mild pain/pressure?
Feel better soon!
Ha! I wish I had thought of it. I really need to do some pre-planning about how I'm going to answer their questions-- I think TMI might be the way to go...
Faux TMI you mean. Right?
Oh yeah-- true TMI would just be boring.
Post a Comment