Maybe it's because it's in the low 90's in SLC now. Maybe it's because when I tried to pick a pencil up off the floor today, I almost gave myself a hernia. Maybe it's both of those things, combined with the asshole air conditioning not working and the whorebag phone ringing in the middle of my nap that says, "Dear Kate, you are so pregnant. Love, your uterus."
But maybe it's also that when I went to babycenter.com today to see how big the Bean is this week, I glanced at the two chatboard questions: "How often do you change your sheets?" and "Have you ever eaten food from your baby's face, bib, or plate?" How seriously depressing. The sheet part, I mean. I love that pretty soon I'll get to eat chicken nuggets with abandon (or "dino-nuggets" as seems to be the thing to eat these days among the toddler set). I don't even care if it's a nugget dangling from a chin. I've been waiting since I was a kid to be able to be that disgusting again.
But really, I caught a glance of myself in a window today and realized that I look pregnant. Not (just) fat, but seriously pregnant. I think I may look bigger than I should, but I swear I can't help it. Babycenter also told me that I should now know the signs of pre-term labor...just in case. Holy Moses. I'm thinking that the blase attitude about things like cribs and diapers better change ASAP.
xoxo
k
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(107)
-
▼
June
(17)
- fun gift sampler: June 28th edition
- A mostly unnecessary journey.
- 2 sentence updates
- belly self-portraits
- an update on "Jail Spread"
- Wednesday Notes
- all joking aside, I'm seriously pregnant.
- Happy Father's Day, Tall Dad!
- Saturday Notes
- Just as I suspected!
- Tuesday Notes
- For Francine...
- new, bigger page
- Saturday's notes
- peeing my pants
- how to pick a friend
- Wanted: a decider
-
▼
June
(17)
2 comments:
More pictures of pregnant K please!
Are you ready to start going shopping now? I am more than willing to be your shopping buddy. Cause as you know, this is all preparation for me to some day have my own Bean in the oven. And it's all about me.
Post a Comment