
Reasons why I love the Tall Dad:
1. He laughs uncontrollably when he tells me how round I am. Sometimes he falls off the couch, he's laughing so hard. This means he is being affectionate and he thinks I'm cute.
2. He goes to see superhero movies by himself.
3. I just found his stash: a CASE of Ramen Noodles in our storage closet.
4. Every night before bed, he makes a nest for Whoobie and makes sure she is curled up and covered by a blanket.
5. One night this winter when I was whining from the couch, I said, "Please just go get some food. I don't care if it's tacos, burgers, or pizza, just get something." He returned with: tacos, nachos, chalupas, cheeseburgers, fries, and a pizza. From 3 different places.
6. He calls me from work every day.
7. He is handsome in his glasses.
8. When I have big interpersonal drama in my life, he knows when to take sides and when to leave well enough alone.
9. I don't think I've ever been able to gross him out; granted, I haven't had a baby in front of him yet.
10. He has freckles on the top of his head--not that anyone can see them.
So, to TD, my dad, and my brother-- Happy Father's Day! I can't wait for you all to start the big adventure ahead of you. You are thoroughly outnumbered now, suckers!
xoxoxo
-k
1. He laughs uncontrollably when he tells me how round I am. Sometimes he falls off the couch, he's laughing so hard. This means he is being affectionate and he thinks I'm cute.
2. He goes to see superhero movies by himself.
3. I just found his stash: a CASE of Ramen Noodles in our storage closet.
4. Every night before bed, he makes a nest for Whoobie and makes sure she is curled up and covered by a blanket.
5. One night this winter when I was whining from the couch, I said, "Please just go get some food. I don't care if it's tacos, burgers, or pizza, just get something." He returned with: tacos, nachos, chalupas, cheeseburgers, fries, and a pizza. From 3 different places.
6. He calls me from work every day.
7. He is handsome in his glasses.
8. When I have big interpersonal drama in my life, he knows when to take sides and when to leave well enough alone.
9. I don't think I've ever been able to gross him out; granted, I haven't had a baby in front of him yet.
10. He has freckles on the top of his head--not that anyone can see them.
So, to TD, my dad, and my brother-- Happy Father's Day! I can't wait for you all to start the big adventure ahead of you. You are thoroughly outnumbered now, suckers!
xoxoxo
-k
No comments:
Post a Comment