What happens when the neighbor goes out of town for an extended and undisclosed amount of time.
We found out that in order to have air conditioning, the HVAC people need to get into the basement neighbor's apartment. We also found out he changed the locks and nobody has a key.
Mysterious Odor
Sometimes I catch a whiff of myself that's really ugly. I've checked everything and can't find the source.
We have a Nanny!
Mindy is like Mary Poppins, only she swears. Also, she volunteered to go to childbirth classes with TD and me so we can give our classmates something to talk about.
The Pollen Count
Despite the daily emails from the National Allergy Bureau showing low pollen levels for this area, I'm miserable. I either live with constant sneezing or slip into a Benadryl coma.
Mom and Mary Return from Santa Fe
Mom says they looked like a mature lesbian couple all week. I've seen them in action and I'd say they probably looked a little more like early-onset Alzheimer unit escapees.
TD Makes Friends
A stranger chatted him up at work and told him she wanted to knit him a baby hat; what color should it be? Next day she brought him a green and white knitted sunhat for Piper.
I need to walk away from you.
TD has learned a very nice way to escape me when I complain. These days, tiny aggravations are magnified.
"So you're getting paid obscenely to do that?"
I've just been commissioned to write the life story of an 80 year-old man who lives in rural Utah. His son agreed to pay me over 3X what I make hourly at my current job-- tax-free, presumably.
It was a bust.
I was subpoenaed and never had to testify. My client lost her case, for now.
Harder than I thought it would be.
I wanted to write a post about racism and raising a smart kid. I've had four false starts because I can't seem to get any of it right.
Things on my mind that I will soon discuss:
Tia Sarah and the magical gifts, my toothache, and labor and delivery from this side of the bassinet.
xoxoxo
k
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(107)
-
▼
June
(17)
- fun gift sampler: June 28th edition
- A mostly unnecessary journey.
- 2 sentence updates
- belly self-portraits
- an update on "Jail Spread"
- Wednesday Notes
- all joking aside, I'm seriously pregnant.
- Happy Father's Day, Tall Dad!
- Saturday Notes
- Just as I suspected!
- Tuesday Notes
- For Francine...
- new, bigger page
- Saturday's notes
- peeing my pants
- how to pick a friend
- Wanted: a decider
-
▼
June
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment