Last night, the local news sealed my miserable day shut. Nothing I experienced yesterday came close to how crappy everyone feels about the death of the little girl, but damn, it felt like it for a few hours (until I was shut down by reality).
I've been absolutely convinced that every ailment of early pregnancy is done. It's my 12th week and all of this should be fading into a glorious energy-infused new me. Ha! In the last few days, I've been transformed into a monster who is always sleepy, always grumpy, and has a permanent splitting headache. It's the worst few days yet because I am not chipper about any of it.
In addition to being so crabby, I've gotten pretty stupid. The simplest things elude me and I keep forgetting important due dates, promises I've made, and how to be a decent human being. So yesterday, in the spirit of doing dumb shit, I sent an email to my friend Pat, who also happens to be our unit's supervisor. The email was pretty typical of what I send her: a lame explanation of my misery, begging for forgiveness for how much I suck at my job, and a plea that she fix it and also hang out with me and make me feel better. You know, the kind of email that's pretty embarrassing to send to anyone. But at LEAST, I sent it to MY ENTIRE UNIT, including attached units who need information from us from time to time. I am hideously mortified.
When I called tech support to see if they could erase the email, they laughed. Hard. It definitely doesn't help that prior to the email gaff, I was acting like a tool in our staff meeting. I was crabby (uh huh, surprise) and when Pat's boss stepped into the meeting, I couldn't resist being kind of bitchy to her too. Nice! then I sent everyone an email letting them know that I am just as miserable and pathetic as they thought-- if not more.
So that was yesterday.
xoxo
k
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(107)
-
▼
April
(19)
- decorating
- memo: re. sleeping
- Bizarro
- The Bean at 15 weeks
- miscellaneous
- Midhusband Appointment: Shaved Legs Edition
- The Bean wants a walrus
- the gift that stole my morning
- Almost 14 weeks...
- at least in PA you can get crab chips
- Cute or Frumpy?
- the royal "we"
- Politics: a guide for the Pennsylvanians
- Disorganized X 100
- We missed that memo...
- Kate's Summer Job
- Schedule of Non-events
- Why Yesterday Sucked.
- Tough Day
-
▼
April
(19)
No comments:
Post a Comment