Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nothing fits.

And if it does, it looks awful. I'm all poofy, like my dog. Pretty soon my boobs will swallow my head which in turn will be swallowed by my belly. And my legs? They are sinking into my ankles.


In other news, we have a 3-tier boy name hierarchy. On the top are 4-thumb names (two thumbs up by both me and TD), then 3-thumbs, then 2-thumbs. There are 3 4-thumb names that are so different, it's crazy. None of them have come up in conversation with anyone but TD and I. Fun! FYI to the Colorado Rosenbergs: we have NOT touched your (alleged) boy name choice just in case you decide to breed some more, but DAMN! I realized that I had that name pencilled in my name book from over a year ago! I think you owe me cookies, no?

xo
k

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My SIL and I called dibbs on names. Didn't do much good, if the spawn of SIL is a boy (because they are assholes and aren't finding out) they are giving him W's middle name. In fairness, it is a family name, and part of my brothers name, but I feel like an ass for clearing his middle name with them before adding it to the birth certificate now that they are going to go ahead and use it. Family is hell sometimes.

Sarah is on the top tier, no?

Kate Rosenberg said...

Duh. Sarah is a definite for a boy and a girl. I think the baby will be named Sarah Bubba Bam Bam Giblet Stank Breath Rosenberg. Boy OR girl.

Actually, I'm far less possessive about names than other people are-- I just don't want to make anyone mad. The big cool news is that I think it's pretty definite that a boy baby will be named David ______ Goble with the middle name being the name we call the kid. I've always loved the name David and TD really wants it because it was also his Dad's name (he died when TD was 5)-- so it's a cool way to use the name without having two Davids to yell at...